|Models, Techniques and Applications|
|Data Analysis in the Cloud introduces and discusses models, methods, techniques, and systems to analyze the large number of digital data sources available on the Internet using the computing and storage facilities of the cloud. Coverage includes scalable data mining and knowledge discovery techniques together with cloud computing concepts, models, and systems. Specific sections focus on map-reduce and NoSQL models. The book also includes techniques for conducting high-performance distributed analysis of large data on clouds. Finally, the book examines research trends such as Big Data pervasive computing, data-intensive exascale computing, and massive social network analysis.
• Introduces data analysis techniques and cloud computing concepts
• Describes cloud-based models and systems for Big Data analytics
• Provides examples of the state-of-the-art in cloud data analysis
• Explains how to develop large-scale data mining applications on clouds
• Outlines the main research trends in the area of scalable Big Data analysis